I'm still in catch up mode. Brynlie turned 4 in November. It was so funny because all last year her favorite number was 3. She wanted 3 cookies, or 3 scoops of ice cream. I always had to sing 3 songs at bedtime and of course we had to stand in check-out isle 3. Her favorite game was to go through the UNO cards and find all the number 3s. Well, now that she has turned 4, the number 3 is long forgotten. I was afraid she'd adopt the number 4 as a favorite, but so far we're safe. Now she gets however many scoops I want to give her and she gets 1 song for bedtime (of course her siblings also get to choose so she really hears 3-4 songs a night). This was the year that she really understood what birthdays were all about. She was so excited! It was such a lovely day outside so for lunch we had a picnic at the park. It was fun to get out of the house. In the evening we had a little party. It was low-key, but we still had fun. Our sweet blue eyed Brynlie This was her new...
Here are some random pics and things that we've been up to. First the dogs. We have a huge English Mastiff named Minnie and a Chihuahua/Maltese mix named Little Smokie. We love having opposite dogs. The little one is feisty, the big one is a gentle giant and they are best friends. They love to cuddle. Every time we try to take pictures they move. So here's our attempt at capturing our sweet puppies. Smokie loves to lay on top of Minnie. This is a common sight. (Yes, I know my floor needs to be vacuumed). Here they are on the couch. Sweet Minnie. She really is such a sweetheart. I don't remember when it became okay to lay on our couch, but somewhere along the line we gave in. Minnie often sleeps with her tongue sticking out-- silly dog. Another shot of Smokie and Minnie. It's really funny because Smokie freezes in the Winter so we have to keep her warm and Minnie gets too hot in the Summer so we have to keep her cool. I guess it goes with the polar opposites of s...
Last week we celebrated Alyssa's 8th birthday! I know I say this all the time, but I really can't believe that she is already that old! Those 8 years flew by!! Alyssa wanted a pirate ship cake for her birthday this year. Ready to open presents Alyssa loved all of her presents. She got a zhu zhu pet and legos from Grandma & Grandpa Smith. She also got a game and bath set. Unfortunately her cake got shipwrecked and broke in half. She still blew out the cannon candles Cake & Ice Cream Brynlie sure had a good time Grandma & Grandpa Wheeler gave Alyssa a gift card to Build-a-Bear Workshop. This is what she got. Her puppy's name is Fluffy. Alyssa loves to play games and have races, so we thought a Minute to Win It birthday party was the perfect fit. The girls had to stack 5 apples. That's a lot harder than it looks. I think the highest tower was 4 apples. We used the air from balloons to knock over empty soda cans We also knocked over a pyramid of soda can...
Comments