I am a writer. At least I'm aspiring to be. I had never really thought about writing-- my talent was music-- until I was in high school. I actually had never even considered myself a reader. But as I look back on it, my elective classes were Western Lit, English Lit, Ethnic Lit, and so on (ok, too much back story). So, in my Western Lit class, my teacher would give us these creative writing assignments. I did the assignments and he started raving about my writing. That planted the seed. Fast forward 15 years. I had this little thought in the back of my head that said, "I want to write." Then another thought would come, "I don't know what to write about." and that was it. Then my dad (just out of the blue-- I think not) gave me a guide to young writers book. I skimmed through the book (because that is what I do with textbooks), and saw something that stuck with me. Just start writing! So I did. I started that first paragraph and all of a sudden the flood gate...
Comments