Sunday, February 21, 2010

2010 Olympics

I changed my background and playlist in honor of the 2010 Winter Olympics!

I love the Olympics!!

The Summer ones are fun, but my favorite are the Winter Olympics!!

I love the underdog stories and the amazing moments! My favorite sport of course is Ice Skating. I've never been into Ice Dancing, but this year at the US Nationals, I watched the Ice Dancing and really enjoyed it!

Anyway, I have enjoyed all of the events, but my favorite things so far have been Ice Skating, Speed Skating and the Womens and Mens Moguls! I loved seeing the Canadian, Alexandre, win!! I really liked the stories they told of his older brother who had Cerebral Palsy. It's fun to see the families cheer on their athletes!!

Apollo Ohno made history and it was fun to watch JR Celski win the bronze in speed skating after his horrible accident. He had a great story too. And his older brother was back from Iraq (in between deployments) watching him compete for the first time. He was so excited!

And of course my absolute favorite was watching Evan Lysecek win the Gold in Figure Skating! WooHoo!! I was on the edge of my seat, biting my nails watching the scores come in! What a great thing!

Anyway, after next Sunday life can get back to normal! But until then...
GO TEAM USA!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Me, too! I'm an Olympics junkie, but I haven't been able to watch as much as I'd like.