Sunday, August 21, 2011

Girls Day Out and other Randomness

Right before school started, I took the girls to the Hale Centre Theater's production of Pinocchio. It's become a yearly tradition for us. We left in plenty of time to get there, but we got caught in some traffic due to construction. It seemed like every turn I tried to make, to avoid traffic just ended up taking us further from our destination.

We ended up getting to the theater 20 minutes late. I was so mad! That is a big pet peeve of mine, probably from all my years of performing. It is rude to be late! Anyway, the usher led us to our seats. As we were walking down the hallway, Hanna had a seizure. The usher took the other kids to their seats and Hanna and I stayed in the lobby while she slept. By intermission, she was feeling better and was able to catch the last part of the show.

Although we were disappointed that we missed so much of the play, I feel like it was a blessing that we were late. If we had arrived even one minute before, Hanna would have had a seizure right in the middle of the theater. The theater is in-the-round and very cozy. Her seizure would have made a major interruption.

After the show, we can meet and talk with the cast. Here are some pictures...(Kamary was "too old" to get her picture taken with the cast). :)


After the play, I took the kids out to lunch at Neilson's Frozen Custard. It has a great 50's diner feel and some seriously yummy food, including Fry Sauce!

We also did a little school shopping. Hanna had another seizure in Target, so we ended up going home. Even with her seizure's I think she and the others enjoyed themselves for our last Summer Girls Day Out.

Now to some randomness... 

 One morning, the girls were playing dress up. I thought they made quite a sight (somehow having underwear on your head gives you extra super powers--in case you didn't know)!

One day I was cooking in the crock pot. I stuck the crock pot on the stove and instead of plugging it in, I accidently turned the stove on (I really don't know what I was thinking). It melted all the plastic off the chord and started a fire. We got the fire out quickly but the house smelled like burned plastic. Yuck! We opened all of the windows to air it out, but the kids walked around like this for a while! Woops.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Glad you were able to enjoy some of your day...that doesn't sound like much fun. You have a great attitude though, and what a fun tradition for your kids!

All those girls...wonder if I'm destined to have lots of girls too. Loving it so far. We'll see about teenage years.

Hope you are doing well, Andrea! Can't wait to come visit. We are almost all settled. But it may be a while before we want to travel.