Sunday, September 5, 2010

Minnie

So this past Wednesday, Jason calls me as he's coming home from work and tells me to park the van in the driveway and get the kids gathered together because he has a surprise for us.

He gets out of the car with a huge dog that looks more like a horse (unless you're Brynlie of course, then it's a "monkey").

"Meet our new pet," he says.

What?!

I guess the story is that 3 college roommates wanted a dog so they paid $1800 for her. After they got her, they neglected her. When they sold their house and moved out, the realtor found the pooch in the backyard, abandoned. She took it home and rescued it, but couldn't keep it. Jason found out about it through work and went to check it out.

As soon as Jason saw said pooch, he fell in love. I can say that I've been officially replaced. I swear, he gives that dog more kisses than me!

Anyway, her name is Minnie (the irony is intentional), and she's an 8 month old, purebred Old English Mastiff.

She's HUGE!! But really sweet and very good with the kids. She learned very quickly to go potty outside. In fact (knock on wood) she hasn't had an accident in the house, which makes me very happy.

The kids were afraid at first, because of her size, but now even Brynlie loves the " big monkey". The good thing about her size is that the kids can love her and climb all over her without any effect. The bad thing about her size is that she doesn't realize she's huge and can knock down the kids on accident.

I did tell Jason, however, that this is his dog and I will not be responsible for "pick up".

Everyone loves having Minnie in our home and she hasn't been too high maintenance, so for now she's a keeper.

Here are some pictures of our new addition.

Meeting Minnie




Jason and Minnie

4 comments:

pdwheeler said...

How old is she? Will she grow more? The kids will probably really love her.

pdwheeler said...

Sorry I reread the blog and saw that she is 8 months old so she will grow some more.

Janus said...

Congratulations on your new addition.

Kristal said...

Haha Boys and their dogs...