Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

I heard a song on Pandora the other day that really touched me and I thought it was a perfect song for Mothers Day.

It's called "Who you are" by Hilary Weeks.

I tried to do my own slideshow with the song attached, but I'm not that technologically savvy.

So here are the words to the song, and I found a slideshow on youtube that had the song. I really have no idea who the people are, but I just added it so you could hear the song.

So this is dedicated to Mothers everywhere!!

Who You Are- by Hilary Weeks

I know you wonder if you'll ever have a day

When the kids stay calm, the laundry's done and the dishes are put away.

And sometimes you feel like your days are spent and gone

And the question running through your mind is "What I have gotten done?"

And when you finally have a moment to slow down at the end of your day,

I know Father would say,

"Believe in what you're doing. Believe in who you are.

And hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God.

Believe in who you're becoming. Believe in who you are."

It may seem simple, all the little things you do.

But the lives you touch matter so much and there's no one else like you.

And Father needs you to stand tall and faithful.

To be all that you can be, oh, if you could see what he sees,

You'd believe in what you're doing. And you'd believe in who you are.

So hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God.

Believe in who you're becoming. Believe in who you are.

When it's hard to believe in yourself and you feel like you're beginning to doubt,

Remember,

He believes in what you're doing. He believes in who you are.

So don't loose sight in the truth that you're a daughter of God.

That he believes in who you're becoming.

He believes in who you are.

Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

Cassandra Romney said...

Hello! Im so glad I found your blog! I love your comments in RS! I had no clue you had so many kids! I love big familys! We grew up with 7 kids in our family and it was so much fun!