Sunday, July 25, 2010

Success!

Well, after 4 long days Hanna came home from Girls Camp. She walked in the door smiling and we all gave her hugs. Kamary even said that she missed Hanna. Alyssa was excited to tease her about the Hulk again! We really did miss her. I think it made Hanna feel special and loved.

So, we were really blessed and our prayers were answered. Hanna had a seizure the day before camp and a seizure the day after camp, but she didn't have any while she was at camp. I was thankful about that because it was a big concern.

She seemed to have a good time. When we asked if the girls were nice, she said that some were mean but that she found some girls that she could be friends with. Several girls from her school class were there and so she hung out with them a lot.

She had a lot of fun playing with the pine cones and bugs.

The only thing she didn't like was that the theme was Princesses and they were supposed to wear tiaras. Since she is a "tomboy" she didn't like that too much. :) She did discover her newest fashion trend of wearing her baseball hat backwards. I feel like I just jumped back into the 80's.

I asked her if she wanted to go next year and she said, "I don't know. Next year they will be doing make up."

Hopefully she'll be over her Hulk phase by then and enjoy make up again!

She kept telling us about the fun things she did and I think overall she had a positive experience.

I feel really blessed that Heavenly Father watched over her at camp and answered our prayers. During the week and while she was gone, the Spirit filled me with peace and comfort. I am very thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace it brings into my life.

1 comment:

pdwheeler said...

We were praying too. We are thankful for answers to prayers.