Sunday, July 25, 2010

Utah!

For our main trip this summer we headed up to Utah. All of our family lives in Utah, except for Jason's brother, Mark, who lives in Montana.

I have been quite homesick for the past couple of months. I have been feeling lonely and missed my family a lot. My kids missed their cousins too, especially Kamary.

We weren't sure if we would make it up to Utah because of financial problems, but we prayed and had faith that things would work out...and they did with the help of our very generous families.

We spent the 4th of July weekend with Jason's family. It was so fun to be with everyone and have all of Jason's family together. We didn't even have much drama with everyone together. I thought that was pretty good! :)

We had an activity packed vacation. We went to a dinosaur museum, had over 5 barbeque's, joined with another family and did fireworks in the street, went to the American Heritage Farm, went hiking, relaxed, visited family and friends (including cousins I haven't seen for a long time) and my favorite-- went to the movies!! I love going to movies but don't really get a chance with 6 kids.

It was so fun to hang out with family and friends and just feel like people cared about me and wanted to do things with me. I felt like I belonged. I didn't want to come home--I don't think any of us did.

We saw a lot of blessings on our trip. Just the fact that we were able to go was a blessing. Jason was trying to sell his guitar down here, but it didn't work so he took it up to Utah and we were able to sell it. Also, our van broke down while we were in Logan. We were driving and it just stopped working! Mom & Dad Wheeler helped us get the van to the shop and let us use their car when we needed to drive somewhere. They also paid the bill (a whopper) to get it fixed (something we could not do). We kept thinking, what if we had gotten stuck in the middle of the desert, or even at home? What would we do? We were very blessed.

Now we're back in the Arizona heat and already missing our family. We'd like to live closer, but we'll see what life has in store for us.

The next several posts are just pictures of our fun!

2 comments:

rachwheel said...

Hey Andrea! IT was fun seeing you for a minute in Utah. I just had to comment that I LOVE your choice of music. Every time I go on your blog and hear the songs you choose, my heart is warmed.
Thanks, and I hope you don't mind me copying you sometimes. If you do, then just tell me to stop!
I hope you're doing well. I understand about the home sick thing. We were definitely due for a visit home too-and I'm feeling much better about life now. I hope your trip was equally as satisfying.

AZ SMITHS said...

You can copy me anytime! :) It's amazing what a trip home can do for your well being!